- Sunday | November 2, 2014
- 7:15 pm - 9:30 pm
- Silver Springs Hotel, Conference Centre, Tivoli, Cork
- RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org or 00 353 01 4045378 before Monday 3rd November
Anam Cara, the national organisation that provides support services to bereaved parents and families is hosting a Bereavement Information Evening in Cork City.This event gives parents an opportunity to hear an experienced bereavement professional talk about the many challenges parents have to face into after the death of their son or daughter. Please note this event is open to all bereaved parents, regardless of the age of their child or circumstances of their death.For the bereavement talk on Wednesday 5th November, Anam Cara’s guest speaker is Miriam Porter and the topic for the evening is “Coping with Grief and Loss after the death of a child”.Miriam Porter has extensive experience of working with bereaved parents and families. Based at CUH, she works with the Social Work Department in the Emergency Department and specialises in traumatic loss.
Her talk at the Anam Cara Cork Bereavement Information Evening will cover;
- The complex issues which grieving parents must face after the death of their child highlighting what is normal in this process.
- The gender differences in facing such a loss will be explored to give an understanding for both parents of their differing worldviews.
- It will highlight the milestones on the journey through this intense grief and the small supports that can make the journey a little easier.
- Various types of loss whether expected or sudden will also be discussed to understand their impact on grieving parents, their families and the deceased child’s siblings.All Anam Cara Services are provided free of charge to parents. Anam Cara Cork hold Parent Evening’s on the first Wednesday of each month. To find out more please visit www.anamcara.ie